DWQA QuestionsCategory: California夫妻不在一个州工作,如何报州税?
Anonymous Staff asked 2 years ago

我在加州,老婆在外州。老婆时常访问我,并在加州住一定时间。但是老婆的收入来自 外州,我的收入全来自加州。 我们的联邦税是Married filing jointly,我应该选择什么样的方式报加州州税呢?我 想和老婆一起也Married filing jointly在加州,这样可行吗?我们应该采用resident 还是NR呢? 谢谢!

1 Answers
Tax1on1Tax1on1 Staff answered 2 years ago

你可以选择合报或者单独报;合报的话则你们俩人的worldwide income都需要在加州申报;分开报的话,也可以,请参考加州的Form 540 Instruction:
以下是instruction excerpt ==》 https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2015/15_540ins.pdf
f you file a joint tax return for federal, you may file separately for California if either spouse was:
• An active member of the United States armed forces or any auxiliary military branch during 2015.
• A nonresident for the entire year and had no income from California sources during 2015.

If you filed a joint tax return and either you or your spouse/RDP was a nonresident for 2015, you must file the Long or Short Form 540NR, California Nonresident or Part-Year Resident Income Tax Return.