Tax Job Info Sharing: Deloitte Experienced Hire
Business Analyst (Tax)
Deloitte Tax LLP helps companies understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
Global Employer Services (GES) tax professionals help clients develop tax-aligned compensation and benefits programs that address their global and domestic needs. Professionals are comprised of global compensation, benefits, and international assignments practitioners who work with clients to streamline their programs while managing tax effectiveness, risks, and costs. These services are designed to assist clients with developing the strategies, processes and technologies that affect their staff and operations on a worldwide scale.
Deloitte Tax LLP is currently seeking a Business Analyst who can support management of a large technology transformation program. The Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering, analyzing and documenting processes and requirements for software systems implementation.This role will participate in the analysis and oversight and also be involved in quality assurance. This is a role which requires excellent analytical and communication skills as well as the ability to understand business processesand identify opportunities for improvement. The individual will actively engage with business stakeholders, developers and leadership to drive best practices and support into the overall planning and management process. He/she will facilitate monitoring and reporting on execution of deliverables through all program/project phases.
· Understanding the features, functions,and capabilities of software platforms in order to achieve proper business requirements alignment
· Document business requirements, dependencies and progress by participating in interviews, use case outlines,workshops etc.
· Analyze the impact of business requirements changes to the project. Document dependencies and changes andtrack, monitor and report on progress and issue resolution
· Act as a liaison between the development team and business stakeholders and facilitate team interaction
· Manage timelines and milestones on work-streams including technical, creative, and production, including internal team members as well external suppliers and contractors
· Assist in leadership communication including progress reports, issue resolution and escalation to management including creation of deliverables to support communications
· Track, monitor and report on effort,costs, expenses to support effective management of the program budget
· Support ad-hoc requests to support program management, governance and alignment with business leadership
· Strong technical aptitude for learning and understanding technology and tools
· Practical knowledge of Windows and/orWeb systems and user interface design guidelines
· Detail oriented and highly organized with strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with meeting scheduled deadlines in a high energy, deadline-oriented environment
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task projects in an effective and productive manner
· Working knowledge of software development methodology and software industry experience a plus
· Continual improvement – Must be constantly growing ones craft, learning new tools and techniques, and sharing these within and among teams
· Experience with requirements gathering, technical specification development, solution design and architecting, cost estimating, and developing technical project plans and staffing assignments
· Ability to build and maintaincross-functional and executive-level relationships
· Articulate, good presentation and communication skills as well as strong influencing and negotiation skills to drive results
· Strong PowerPoint skills
· Prior consulting experience preferred
Education: Bachelors degree in accounting, business, or computer science
Location: Dallas-Fort Worth, United States.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.