Tax Job Info Sharing: Deloitte Student Opportunities
DTBA Discovery Associate (Full Time) – Jersey City (Summer/Fall 2015) (Financial Advisory)
Deloitte FAS LLP
Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP (“Deloitte FAS”) advises clients on managing business controversy and conflict, executing deals, and maintaining regulatory compliance. We provide services to companies throughout their lifecycle.
Specifically, we help clients address serious business concerns involving fraud, forensic investigations, litigation and reorganization. Through Deloitte Corporate Finance LLC, our wholly owned securities brokerage subsidiary, we assist clients with originating and executing transactions and strategic investments for mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, and capital planning. We also advise businesses on valuation issues and other matters to help them remain compliant in today’s rigorous regulatory environment.
Our dedicated Deloitte FAS professionals bring vast experience, specialized skill sets and deep industry knowledge to our clients. This personalized level of service, combined with the market reach and technical resources of the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) member firms and their affiliates, enables us to respond to the complex and diverse needs of our clients around the world.
Commercial investigations and litigations increasingly rely on collecting, preserving and analyzing vast amounts of data to help tell the whole story. The key to managing such huge volumes is turning the array of data into meaningful information. To this end, our Deloitte Discovery professionals combine E-Discovery management strategy and investigative skills with advanced technology to assist clients and their legal counsel.
Deloitte Discovery professionals consult with clients regarding all facets of discovery management including document collection practices; review application design and organization; large-scale attorney review tracking and management, including predictive coding; and productions to opposing counsel and government agencies. Other key elements of the role include assisting clients in addressing defensibility issues; selecting and optimizing technology; managing vendors; as well as performing significant project management tasks allowing the clients to satisfy their discovery obligations. Members of the team are also responsible for recommending and implementing internal process enhancements.
Deloitte Discovery professionals also provide consulting to corporate law departments around information management, legal holds, preservation, acquisition, electronic discovery readiness and records management as it pertains to the discovery process. These services address and help corporate law departments manage spend, decrease risk, and increase effectiveness.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious team player, passionate about business, work and client relationships, with an outstanding talent for proactively managing and successfully resolving high-stress situations.
- Proactively communicate and coordinate with attorneys and legal assistants regarding workflow and case project development to ensure needs and deliverables are met.
- Coordinate, arrange for, and oversee support activities and projects involving vendor, client and co-counsel parties.
- Provide hands-on and presentation training on all services and solutions, and promote recognition of position as effective go-to person for assistance.
- Act as frontline liaison to troubleshoot solutions and to provide seamless support to clients.
- Excellent professional oral and written communication skills in order to establish working relationships with client personnel.
- Balance multiple engagements and responsibilities.
- Develop comprehensive, responsive and practical solutions to client needs.
- Ensure that solutions organize data, documents and information in a meaningful and accessible manner.
- Assist the team in implementing and customizing client solutions; perform necessary quality assurance and beta testing of practice technology tools.
- Coordinate proactively with other Deloitte FAS teams to ensure client technology solutions are developed and implemented in an accurate and timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A combination of a Business and; Computer Science, Management Information Systems and/or Computer Engineering preferred.
- Strong Academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.2).
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs).
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks; work on multiple concurrent assignments; and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- A strong understanding of Windows based systems.
- Must be flexible with the potential travel requirements of client service projects.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.