Tax Job Info Sharing: Deloitte Experienced Hire
Global Employer Services – Mobility Tax Senior Consultant- Chicago (Tax)
Global Employer Services ‑ Mobility Tax Senior Consultant
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. Additionally, our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and to serve our clients will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Tax LLP helps companies understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
As companies grow and become more global in scope, employment issues become more complex. Among the most serious challenges organizations face today is compliance with multifaceted tax laws and labor regulations. The Global Employer Services (GES) practice of Deloitte Tax LLP offers well-rounded plans and development strategies that can help clients transform their global mobility programs in a tax- and cost-efficient manner.
Mobility Tax is part of our GES practice. Mobility Tax practitioners provide global mobility Tax delivery and advisory services to multinational clients on issues that arise when sending employees on international assignments. Consulting services include individual or organization-level tax issues, new market entry, Global Employment Companies, Short-Term Business Travelers, social security planning, etc.
We are currently seeking experienced Mobility Tax Professionals. Qualified candidates will possess at least three years of general tax experience, with at least two years in experience in expatriate and foreign national tax compliance, tax equalization policy implementation, consulting, and management of international assignee populations of multinational clients. This professional will be responsible for managing internal resources and will work directly with clients to provide expatriate and foreign national tax delivery and advisory services to our clients. They will review individual income tax returns, conduct US tax law research, manage tax consulting projects, and assist in the administration of client Global Mobility tax programs. Candidates must be familiar with large, complex engagements and be able to work efficiently and with a sense of urgency.
- Provide high quality client service and support for clients’ international assignment programs
- Ensure services provided are within the agreed service level and scope for each engagement
- Manage workflow of tax return compliance workload and consulting projects
- Build and maintain trusting relationship with client’s international assignment program contacts
- Manage and coach a local and offshore team who provide support and guidance to assignees and assignment program
- Conduct US tax briefings
- Monitor account financials and manage the billing process
- Prepare and present annual reports to the client
This role would ideally suit individuals who are extremely client service driven with strong commercial awareness, having worked in the individual income tax arena for three or more years with some experience in expatriate and foreign national issues. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking to further their experience and knowledge of Global Mobility management within a Professional Services organization. The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• Familiarity with individual income tax issues pertaining to expatriates and foreign nationals, tax compliance in jurisdictions outside of the US, and the tax equalization process.
• Understanding of taxation and social security implications associated with international assignments and compensation and benefits is desirable
• Client service orientation, with exceptional interpersonal skills
• Excellent project management, presentation and organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive with a solid work ethic
• Experience with supervising and developing staff
A Bachelor’s Degree is required, with a Masters or equivalent preferred. Degree in Accounting, Finance or other Business-related field. Appropriate industry accreditation (Licensed CPA, Attorney or Enrolled Agent) must be completed or in process. Experience with a Big-4 Firm and ability to speak multiple
- 3 or more years of general tax experience, with at least 2 years in expatriate and foreign national tax compliance, tax equalization policy implementation/consulting, and management of international assignee populations of multi-national clients.
- Candidate should be familiar with the individual income tax issues and tax law including foreign national and expatriate issues, foreign tax compliance and the tax equalization process.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field .
- Licensed CPA, Attorney or Enrolled Agent designation preferred.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.