Tax Job Info Sharing
Category: Senior Associate jobs
Line of Service: Advisory
Industry: Financial Services
State & City: NY-New York
Travel Requirements: 81-100%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 55921BR-1
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services clients that include the Fortune 500, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (www.pwc.com/us) is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC US) helps clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the advantage of being part of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 180,000 people in over 158 countries across the PwC network are committed to deliver quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. People across the PwC network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC US, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
From strategy through execution, PwC Advisory helps clients build their next competitive advantage. As the world’s second largest global consulting provider, we combine the breadth of knowledge of over 35,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. A long history of working with many of the world’s largest and most complex companies means we really understand the unique business challenges our clients face better than most consultancies.
The Financial Services industry is operating in a challenging environment due to global economic pressure, increasing regulatory demands and capital requirements as well as significant operational and technology changes. Our growing Financial Services Advisory practice provides management, technology and risk consulting services to help major financial institutions around the world respond to their most complex business challenges. The Financial Services Advisory practice is composed of three industry sectors: Asset Management, Banking & Capital Markets and Insurance.
Our Applications Strategy and Integration consultants provide an end to end solution offering including Application Development & Integration, Application Architecture, User Experience, Quality Management & Testing and helping clients determine the best applications for their business needs and integrate new and existing applications into their business including Mobility integration. This high performing team works with various types of technologies and software framework including Java, .Net, iOS, HTML5 amongst others. This high performing team advises on the software development life-cycle, and help architect and develop specific applications for clients. Additionally, they assist with integration of new applications and quality management and testing.
Minimum Years of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge and interaction with end users to understand and document business and functional requirements for complex projects, as well as collaborating with technical teams across the full software development life cycle.
Demonstrates considerable proven knowledge of analytical, organizational, planning and project management specific to software development lifecycle processes, which may include the following:
– Utilizing n-tier development, SDLC and Object-oriented design.
– Designing and implementing technology for new or existing business applications.
– Developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
– Problem solving capabilities demonstrated by a thorough ability to debug and troubleshoot complex software orchestrations and identify solution options and/or alternatives.
– Scoping and estimating project tasks, as well as managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities with addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities that include creative thinking and problem solving skills, individual initiative and the following abilities:
– Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts.
– Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data.
– Leading a key workstream in an engagement(s), staying educated on current trends and assisting in the development of knowledge capital.
– Collaborating with business development teams responsible for writing and presenting proposals to prospective clients.
– Supporting practice management for a specific operation or process.
– Managing and/or contributing to project planning, engagement administration, budget management, and successful completion of engagement workstream(s).
Job ID: 55921BR-1