Tax Job Info Sharing
Category: Advisory jobs
Line of Service: Advisory
Industry: Financial Services
State & City: NY-New York
Travel Requirements: 81-100%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 55923BR-1
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services clients that include the Fortune 500, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (www.pwc.com/us) is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC US) helps clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the advantage of being part of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 180,000 people in over 158 countries across the PwC network are committed to deliver quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. People across the PwC network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC US, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
From strategy through execution, PwC Advisory helps clients build their next competitive advantage. As the world’s second largest global consulting provider, we combine the breadth of knowledge of over 35,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. A long history of working with many of the world’s largest and most complex companies means we really understand the unique business challenges our clients face better than most consultancies.
The Financial Services industry is operating in a challenging environment due to global economic pressure, increasing regulatory demands and capital requirements as well as significant operational and technology changes. Our growing Financial Services Advisory practice provides management, technology and risk consulting services to help major financial institutions around the world respond to their most complex business challenges. The Financial Services Advisory practice is composed of three industry sectors: Asset Management, Banking & Capital Markets and Insurance.
Our Applications Strategy and Integration consultants provide an end to end solution offering including Application Development & Integration, Application Architecture, User Experience, Quality Management & Testing and helping clients determine the best applications for their business needs and integrate new and existing applications into their business including Mobility integration. This high performing team works with various types of technologies and software framework including Java, .Net, iOS, HTML5 amongst others. This high performing team advises on the software development life-cycle, and help architect and develop specific applications for clients. Additionally, they assist with integration of new applications and quality management and testing.
Minimum Years of Experience: 7
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and end-user interaction to understand and document business and functional requirements for complex projects, managing technical teams across the full software development life cycle, including:
– Leading Applications Strategy and Integration engagements in a consulting services organization emphasizing Enterprise Architecture, Business Process Transformation and IT Systems Implementation.
– Providing thought leadership when applying methodologies, managing architectural project elements, and setting technical direction and training teams in using consulting techniques.
– Designing and delivering innovative solutions from concept through implementation in a complex environment, including proven success in an Architect role.
– Leading teams to envision and prioritize requirements, creating application implementation road maps and providing technology and architecture recommendations.
– Managing and providing oversight of all technical issues for the assigned work streams and/or projects, performing technical reviews of all work products during various workstreams and projects.
– Interacting with stakeholders and business colleagues to analyze and define business requirements and related project reporting, developing methodologies to create and enhance applications and tools.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of common issues facing clients in one or more of the following sectors: financial services, healthcare, aerospace and defense, automotive, consumer and retail, energy, industrial products, technology or utilities.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities in the following areas:
– Identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
– As a team member, understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking and providing guidance, clarification and, feedback to less experienced staff.
– Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including presenting to senior executives, developing lasting relationships, delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts.
– Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data.
– Managing engagement(s): staying educated on current trends and assisting in the development of knowledge capital, contributing to project planning, engagement administration, budget management, and completion of engagement workstream(s).
– Collaborating with business development teams that write and present proposals to prospective clients.
– Identifying and addressing client needs while displaying the ability to contribute to the development of a business vision and manage implementation efforts with complex project management capabilities.
– Supporting practice management for a specific operation or process.
Proven extensive skills in Java, J2EE, ASP, .NET, C Sharp, WS*, MQ, Adapter framework, Database building and Management: Oracle, SQL server, DB2, SQL, PL/SQL, JDBC, Struts and Strings framework, Enterprise Architecture; Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Data, BPM/BRE Tools – WSI*, MQ, Adapter Framework, Mapping and Workflow Tools, Application Servers such as Websphere, Weblogic, and RUP, Enterprise Architecture and Implementation, Governance Designs, Pegasystems, Lombardi, Oracle BPEL, Jrules, BonitaSoft, JBosee, BRE. Proven extensive technical skills in MS Office Suite and Lotus Notes
Job ID: 55923BR-1