Tax Job Info Sharing: Deloitte Student Opportunities
AERS Advisory Consultant – Life Sciences Healthcare (Full-Time) – SoCal (Enterprise Risk Services)
Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and advisory services, helps clients understand the complexity of issues such as performance, privacy, risk, controls, and data analysis.
Companies in life sciences and health care have adjusted through several rapidly changing bodies of law and regulations. Deloitte offers clients a wide range of experience to help them understand and comply with federal regulations and work with federal agencies, including the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the Office of the Inspector General, the Federal Trade Commission, and the Securities and Exchange Commission, among others.
The Business Risk (“BR”) service area is comprised of professionals that possess competency and experience in the areas of risk management, business and operational processes, internal auditing, financial reporting and other internal controls, and regulatory compliance. Business risk professionals use these skills to assess, analyze, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of governance, financial and operational control processes, offer recommendations to improve operations, and assist clients with enterprise risk and compliance activities.
The Technology Risk (“TR”) service area is comprised of professionals with a broad range of information technology and risk management consulting skills. TR professionals focus on information systems and technology that manage risk and/or drive operational, financial and regulatory compliance processes; as well as solutions that manage the risk associated with information technology itself. These professionals perform assessments, remediation, implementation and integration of end-to-end solutions in these areas. They also deliver advisory services focused on risk and compliance to IT management and senior executives
Professional and Technical Responsibilities
- Develop excellent professional oral and written communication skills in order to establish working relationships with client personnel
- Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor
- Apply problem solving skills and deliver Deloitte methodology on engagements
- Build and broaden industry knowledge to support organization and function initiatives by taking advantage of our Learning curriculum of eLearning modules and local and national training programs
- Exercise professional judgment on engagements by providing proactive solutions and recommendations
- Provide recommendations for improved and enhanced business efficiency to clients
- Demonstrate leadership and provide guidance to interns
- Proactively manage career – set goals and career plans with advisor/career counselor
- Bachelor of Science/Business Administration or MBA with a concentration in Healthcare; BA/BS in Health Information Management (HIM), Nursing, Business or Accounting (MS/MA/MBA degree is a plus)
- Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.2)
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Ability to travel 75%
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.