Tax Job Info Sharing: Deloitte Student Opportunities
Academic Year Intern – Project Controller Practice, Consulting – Bentley (Consulting)
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world’s leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting Practice is built around integrated core capabilities ‑ people, process and technology and industry expertise ‑ the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Academic Year Intern ‑Project Controller Practice, Deloitte Consulting LLP
What do you want in a career? Do you want a team environment that supports and cultivates your professional and personal growth? Are you looking for an opportunity that provides challenging work while utilizing your skills, and building your knowledge? If so becoming an Intern and participating in our Project Controller Intern Program could be your best move.
The Project Controller Practice is essential to delivering quality client service. Project Controllers (PC) are smart, talented finance professionals responsible for analyzing and reporting on financial results. They are client service professionals who specialize in project and account operations on engagements. PCs provide engagement management knowledge for the entire project team by assisting with the organizational and logistical aspects of projects. Their greatest value, however, is in the understanding and application of engagement business and financial processes both to individual projects and to client accounts. The Project Controller Intern Program is a great opportunity for college Juniors to gain work experience and learn more about the PC Practice.
PC Interns are responsible for supporting one or more consulting teams through successful management of the financial analysis and reconciliation process and the implementation of project management controls. On any given assignment, you may be responsible for:
· performing internal and client financial analysis
· budget and forecasting analysis
· tracking and monitoring project financial metrics
· maintaining compliance with firm policies
· financial reconciliations
· supporting the production of management reports
· conducting variance analysis
· managing project billing and receivables process
· assisting with the execution of project management office (PMO) functional tasks
· presenting analyses, discussing recommendations and providing project financial advice to PC lead
· understanding and utilizing standard processes for project management, quality management, and risk management
Competitive candidates for the PC Academic Year Intern position should be pursuing an undergraduate degree, with a graduation date between December 2014 and June 2015. In addition competitive candidates will possess the following:
• Strong academic performance and involvement in extracurricular activities; a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA and equal or stronger performance in your major(s) is strongly preferred
• Ability to work 16 ‑ 24 hours a week over 2-3 days for the duration of the internship (approximately 10-12 weeks)
• Understanding of fundamental accounting and finance principles
• Experience, interest and aptitude in finance and/or accounting
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and address problems creatively
• Ability to work effectively, both independently/self-directed and as a member of a team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Attention to detail and timeliness in delivering on commitments
• Skilled in problem solving, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Solid working knowledge of MS Office Programs – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
We are seeking candidates who have demonstrated exceptional performance in these and other related majors:
• Business Management
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.