Tax Job Info Sharing: Deloitte Experienced Hire
Manager – ERP Implementation Manager – Indirect Tax & Direct Tax (Tax)
Deloitte Tax LLP helps companies understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
Deloitte Tax LLP – Tax Management Consulting (TMC), Overview
Ever expanding regulations and increasing scrutiny on multinational corporations has made it increasingly important for leading-edge tax departments to serve a critical role in the risk management and overall performance of the enterprise. This has resulted in an opportunity for Deloitte Tax LLP (Deloitte Tax) to provide even greater value through our tax services, in helping develop tax departments of the future that are strategic, agile and, above all, focused on creating value for the business.
Deloitte Tax’s Tax Management Consulting (TMC) group helps our clients’ tax department move forward from their current state to the next-generation of tax functions and is dedicated to finding new methods and processes to assist clients in improving their tax operations. Deloitte Tax TMC professionals are aligned worldwide to serve our clients’ needs through the TMC group. Deloitte Tax TMC teams include industry, tax, organizational change, technology, and cosourcing specialists who can help make the necessary connections between our clients’ global strategies and the many options for carrying them out in the tax function.
TMC, Tax Enterprise Applications (EA) Manager
Deloitte Tax LLP’s Enterprise Applications (EA) group sets the standard for comprehensive tax services. Our professionals provide an integrated approach to process improvement that can help the tax department maximize its strategic value to the organization. The group’s process solutions enable clients to help improve the people, process, technology, and organization of the tax function. Consulting methodologies are tailored to identify improvement opportunities.
Companies that have already implemented or are considering implementing an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system often overlook the tax benefits these systems can provide or underestimate the impact on the tax department. To be most effective from a tax perspective, a successful ERP implementation requires professionals who specialize in tax and can effectively address a corporate tax function’s unique needs, requirements and obligations.
Deloitte Tax’s Enterprise Applications (EA), the largest of its type, offers the necessary combination of skills, methodology and practical experience to help clients avoid the pitfalls of an ERP implementation. We develop comprehensive solutions designed to capture tax-critical financial information and make sure it is accessible in the ERP system, filling the tax information void.
A Tax Enterprise Applications Manager is expected to contribute to the growth and development of Deloitte Tax in a variety of ways, including:
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Delivery: Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field.
- Advanced degree such as MST, JD or LLM preferred.
- CPA a plus.
- Four to eight years of corporate tax experience (income tax compliance, FAS109, reporting, transaction tax compliance, etc.).
- Experience with a Big 4 firm or large corporate tax department of a multinational company is preferred.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for technology.
o Experience with tax technology applications required
o Experience in ERP system implementations preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, research skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills required.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and lead a team of professionals.
- Ability to travel to client locations nationally.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.