Tax Job Info Sharing: Deloitte Experienced Hire
Junior Consultant – .Net/SQL Programmer (Tax)
Deloitte Tax LLP
National Federal Tax Services
Partnership Solutions Group
Deloitte Tax LLP helps companies understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
Partnership Solutions Group (PSG):
The Partnership Solutions Group is a fast-paced, dynamic environment that designs and develops web-based solutions for our clients. PSG is one of the fastest growing groups within Deloitte Tax LLP and is projected to have significant growth for the next several years. We focus on technology driven solutions and work side-by-side with tax professionals to serve the needs our clients. This is an ideal opportunity to be part of a cutting edge and innovative environment within the larger Deloitte LLP Tax organization.
The Consultant will assist with the design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new data driven web based applications, as well as providing support for existing systems. The Consultant should be able to work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end web solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
Key Technology Requirements:
This position requires strong familiarity with .NET technologies and strong design skills. Experience in .Net framework 3.5 or higher, SQL Server 2008 or higher, OOP, XML/XSLT/XPATH, ADO.NET, VB.NET, C#, TFS and Web Services are required. Working knowledge on QlikView Ruby on Rails, Google Refine, HTML5, jQuery, Jasper Reports and SharePoint is preferred.
- Interact with business analyst and Client(s) to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project.
- Create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development.
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development.
- Communicate professionally and effectively to clients, management, and other departments.
- Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools.
- Support system testing by following up on and closing defect tickets in a timely manner.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to a testing and production environments.
- At least 3 years’ experience in .Net programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Business/Technology or similar degree required.
- Web development in Microsoft technologies
- VB.Net, ASP.Net, C#, Ajax, XML/XSLT/XPATH, ADO.net, Object oriented programming
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel based reporting from web applications.
- Strong understanding of .NET Fundamentals (Interfaces, inheritance etc.).
- Experience with ASP.Net web services, windows services and WCF.
- Knowledge of design patterns and architectural patterns.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010 /2012.
- Experience with Source Control – TFS.
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 or higher. (SQL Server 2012 a plus).
- Experience with database design, querying, stored procedures, views, joins, performance etc.
- Strong analytic problem-solving, critical-thinking skills.
- Working knowledge on QlikView Ruby on Rails, Google Refine, HTML5, jQuery, Jasper Reports and SharePoint is preferred.
- Experience with SSIS.
- Experience working on agile development methodology and scrum process
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Available for moderate travel.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.