Tax Job Info Sharing: Deloitte Student Opportunities
Tax Consultant, Business Tax Services (Full-Time) – Houston (Summer/Fall 2015) (Tax)
Deloitte Tax LLP helps companies understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
There is a tax implication for almost every transaction a company undertakes, from trading to acquisition to off-shoring. Even the most sophisticated global companies often struggle with balancing compliance details and long-term tax strategy. The tax consultants of Deloitte Tax LLP (“Deloitte Tax”) have the perspective to help companies understand national, state and local and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
As an employee of Deloitte Tax, you will work with colleagues worldwide to serve our clients. As you advance in your career, most Deloitte Tax professionals specialize in at least one industry and one group of service offerings.
Business Tax Services
Deloitte Tax’s Business Tax Services (BTS) professionals understand the intricacies of tax regulations and their relationships to business. In many cases, BTS professionals manage the day-to-day client service relationships-and as such, these professionals serve as the gateway to a variety of specialized Deloitte tax services that can help improve compliance with taxing entities while maintaining each client’s overall tax risk profile. Knowledgeable in Federal Tax compliance and planning, BTS professionals work closely with clients and other members of the Deloitte Tax team to understand each organization’s global goals and strategies and how industry and economic trends affect the business
- Bachelor of Science/Business Administration, Master of Science in Accounting or Taxation, or JD or LLM Degree (with undergraduate accounting degree)
- Technology related coursework highly desireable
- Strong academic credentials (3.2+ GPA Recommended)
- Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
- Strong interest in and aptitude for technology
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
- Willingness to contribute as part of our mobile workforce, including travel (potentially for extended periods) and performing work aligned with other Tax service lines and/or other Deloitte function-specific subsidiaries
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.