Tax Job Info Sharing: Deloitte Student Opportunities
AERS Advisory Consultant – Accounting and Valuation – Full-Time (Enterprise Risk Services)
Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and advisory services, helps clients understand the complexity of issues such as performance, privacy, risk, controls, and data analysis.
Accounting & Valuation
The Accounting & Valuation (“A&V”) service area is comprised of professionals with skills related to the understanding and application of technical accounting standards, financial reporting, valuation techniques and methodologies for derivatives, financial instruments, and other investment products, forward price curve development methodologies, quantitative risk assessment and forecasting models, structured finance transactions, cash flow modeling, data integrity, data modeling, statistical sampling, capital markets transaction support and due diligence. In addition, with experience and training in the audit approach and testing procedures, many A&V professionals provide subject matter assistance to audit engagement teams.
Professional and Technical Responsibilities:
• Develop excellent professional oral and written communication skills in order to establish working relationships with client personnel
• Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor
• Apply problem solving skills and deliver Deloitte methodology on engagements
• Build and broaden industry knowledge to support organization and function initiatives by taking advantage of our AERS Learning curriculum of eLearning modules and local and national training programs
• Exercise professional judgment on engagements by providing proactive solutions and recommendations
• Provide recommendations for improved and enhanced business efficiency to clients
• Demonstrate leadership and provide guidance to AERS Advisory interns
• Proactively manage career – set goals and career plans with advisor/career counselor
• Bachelor of Science/Business Administration with a concentration in Math, Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; Masters in Accounting or Information Systems
• Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.2)
• Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
• Ability to travel for out-of-town engagements
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.