Tax Job Info Sharing: Deloitte Experienced Hire
Global Employer Services – Mobility HR Senior Consultant – Chicago, Minneapolis or Milwaukee (Tax)
Global Employer Services ‑ Mobility Human Resources Senior Consultant
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. Additionally, our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and to serve our clients will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte Tax LLP helps companies understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
As companies grow and become more global in scope, employment issues become more complex. Among the most serious challenges organizations face today is compliance with multifaceted tax laws and labor regulations. The Global Employer Services (GES) practice of Deloitte Tax LLP offers well-rounded plans and development strategies that can help clients transform their global mobility programs in a tax- and cost-efficient manner.
Mobility HR is part of our GES practice. Mobility HR practitioners provide global mobility program management and consulting services to multinational clients on issues that arise when sending employees on international assignments. Consulting services include assignment policy development and redesign, service delivery model design, and mobility operations optimization. Program management services include a variety of responsibilities surrounding the daily administration of a Global Mobility Program, including assignment letter development, assignment cost analysis, assignee orientations, coordination of relocation, immigration and cultural training, securing Certificates of Coverage, international payroll reconciliation, taxable payment reporting, tax gross-ups, invoice/expense processing and calculation of international assignment balance sheets.
We are currently seeking experienced Mobility HR Professionals. Qualified candidates will possess three or more years of experience in global mobility management, human resources, or a related field. The candidate should be knowledgeable about current global HR trends, policies, and legislation, including understanding the implications for the client organization and their employees. Candidates must be familiar with large, complex environments and/or matrix structures and be able to work efficiently and with a sense of urgency.
- Day to day program administration activities based on identified client organization scope of services
- Ability to calculate, implement and communicate assignment-related compensation and benefits, such as international balance sheet design
- Assist in ongoing assignment payroll administration and reconciliation across multiple jurisdictions
- Design and maintain process documentation for our client’s global mobility programs
- Direct involvement with international relocation coordination, securing Certificates of Coverage, and taxable payment collection and reporting, tax-gross up, and invoice processing
- Develop and maintain relationships with the local population of assignees
- Coordinate international relocations for client assignee populations
- Global compensation data collection and analysis, including maintaining compensation and tax tracking systems
- Contact for client’s Mobility, Payroll, Finance teams, and global offices
- Maintain appropriate procedures with regard to record-keeping and reporting functions for the assignee population including: information about compensation, benefits, costs, expenses, immigration, etc.
- Design and prepare management reports to support the ongoing administration of the mobility program
- Strong commitment to client service
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Solid work ethic and self starter
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good personal organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required to team effectively with various levels and departments of the organization
- Ability to motivate and inspire outstanding performance among the reporting staff
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office and experience with utilizing technology systems that maintain demographic and financial/payroll compensation data
- Proven ability to deliver a quality product and adhere to tight turnaround times
A Bachelor’s Degree is required, with a Masters or equivalent preferred. Degree in Human Resources, International Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics is a plus. Appropriate industry accreditation (GPHR, GMS, CPP, or GRP) must be completed or in process. Ability to speak multiple languages is also a plus.
- 3 or more years of general tax experience, with at least 2 years in expatriate and foreign national tax compliance, tax equalization policy implementation/consulting, and management of international assignee populations of multi-national clients.
- Candidate should be familiar with the individual income tax issues and tax law including foreign national and expatriate issues, foreign tax compliance and the tax equalization process.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field .
- Licensed CPA, Attorney or Enrolled Agent designation preferred.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.