Tax Job Info Sharing: Deloitte Experienced Hire
.NET Developer Senior Manager (Tax)
Technology Enabled Services (NTTG)
National Tax Technology Group (NTTG) Overview:
Over the past several years, Deloitte Tax LLP (“Deloitte Tax”) has had great success in delivering technology-enabled tax services to its clients. As a result, Deloitte Tax is expanding its National Tax Technology Group (NTTG). NTTG is focused on developing new service offerings and technology solutions that assist us in delivering tax services to our clients. This is an ideal opportunity to be part of a cutting edge and innovative start-up environment within the larger Deloitte Tax organization.
NTTG Technology Senior Manager
The technology senior manager will be working on either business or architecture initiatives. When working on business initiatives, the NTTG senior manager will be responsible for coordinating projects and technology resources, ensuring that the software development life cycle activities are consistent with firm standards and account for project financials. In this capacity, the technology senior manager is accountable to the NTTG executive leadership team. The senior manager will be responsible for participating in team meetings and communicating appropriate project status to leadership. When working on architecture initiatives, the senior manager will be part of a team of peers working on highly technical initiatives. Job duties include, but are not limited to tool research, tool evaluation, documenting patterns and standards, defining technology strategy, technology evaluation and recommendation, mentoring their team through hands-on assistance as well as formal and informal training and some technical development. The Technology senior manager must be able to take high level direction, formulate a plan to achieve the goals and execute the plan. The NTTG senior manager will be expected to work on multiple initiatives concurrently.
Position – Key Functions
· Design and architect scalable, distributed web applications and web/windows services.
· Design/develop critical framework components/reusable modules.
· Work on technical, enterprise initiatives. This will likely involve vision setting, researching, training, and all phases of the software development life cycle.
· Work with the NTTG technology leader on creating and maintaining Technology Roadmap.
· Evaluate new technologies.
· Help product ownership in estimation process.
· Communicate professionally and effectively to clients, management, and other departments.
· Manage teams of onshore/offshore Deloitte professionals and contractor resources.
· Document technical findings/decisions and make technical presentations to the team.
· Ability to fully understand and define scope of technical software projects.
· Maintain, improve and optimize our internal software offerings and development process.
· Establish, maintain and adhere to set of development standards.
· A bachelor’s degree in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar degree is required
· MCSD, SCRUM.org, IASA or PMI Certification is Preferred
· 10+ years of web development experience in Microsoft technologies. Experience in .Net 3.5 or higher, WCF, SQL Server, OOPs, XML/XSLT/XPATH, ADO.NET, C#, VB.NET, Web Services and Windows Service is required
· 8+ years’ experience as a technology manager, managing teams, providing technical leadership/guidance/mentorship (direction setting and articulating, consensus building, conflict mediation, etc.)
· Experience managing budgets and ROI
· Extensive, real-world experience designing enterprise software and defining technology architectures (UML, design patterns, SOA, etc.)
· Experience overseeing (from a technical perspective) multiple projects
· Experience with multi-tier system development
· Experience building and supporting mission critical applications
· Experience working with teams in disparate geographic locations
· Comfortable in a fast-pace environment
· Software prototyping experience
· Demonstrated self-starter, with the ability to set the direction when there is little or no oversight
· Experience with Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
· Deep understanding of design patterns and architectural patterns
· Experience with Visual Studio 2008 and/or 2010
· Experience with Source Control ‑ TFS
· Experience with SQL Server 2008
· Experience with database design, querying, stored procedures, views, joins, performance etc.
· Excellent analytic problem-solving, critical-thinking skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to travel (about 25%)
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.