Tax Job Info Sharing
Job location: New York, NY
Category: Cybersecurity and Privacy jobs
Line of Service: Advisory
State & City: NY-New York
Travel Requirements: 81-100%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 62765BR-1
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services clients that include the Fortune 500, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If you are, then PwC US (PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and its subsidiaries) may be the firm for you.
We’re a member of the PwC network of firms located in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC US helps organizations and individuals create the value for which they are looking.
Our professionals are at the heart of our business strategy and success by bringing personal and professional experiences; we understand that our business is impacted by a person’s personal and professional lives. PwC US recruits top talent with traditional and nontraditional backgrounds, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, so that we continue to build PwC US as a great place to work. Our people are armed with the tools-including enriching professional experiences, everyday coaching, timely and productive feedback, and high-quality learning and development opportunities-to deliver each day. We are committed to building lasting relationships and delivering value to our clients.
Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us
From strategy through execution, PwC Advisory helps clients build their next competitive advantage. As the world’s second largest global consulting provider, we combine the breadth of knowledge of over 35,000 global professionals with deep industry knowledge to deliver custom solutions for our clients. A long history of working with many of the world’s largest and most complex companies means we really understand the unique business challenges our clients face better than most consultancies.
Across industries, our clients are focused on improving business performance, responding quickly and effectively to crisis situations, and extracting value from transactions. Our growing Technology, Information, Communications & Entertainment Media (TICE) practice provides management, technology and risk consulting services to help a diverse set of clients around the world anticipate and address their most complex business challenges. TICE includes multiple sectors: Entertainment, Media & Communications, Private Equity, and Technology.
PwC’s Cybersecurity and Privacy Consultants are a team of business integrators with extensive consulting and industry experience who help our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy through execution. A PwC consulting career may provide the opportunity to grow and contribute in our Cybersecurity and Privacy competency that we apply to our clients’ business issues every day, including a collection of security spectrum capabilities, including security strategy and governance, IT risk, security technologies, and cybercrime and breach response.
Minimum Years of Experience: 6
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree
Certification(s) Preferred: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Project Manager Professional (PMP), and/or Certified JAVA Developer
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and success managing client engagements relating to the creation of business processes and solutions enabled by identity and access management, including the following:
– Requirements analysis, strategy, design, implementation, and migration for businesses;
– Supervision and development of staff on multiple projects, business development, and communications with executives.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success utilizing the following when managing and producing deliverables for client engagements related to managing successful enterprise scale implementations within Information Security, including:
– Utilizing the Identity Management suite of products (CA, SUN, IBM, Oracle) and of their design and implementation.
– Identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and resolving potential conflicts as a leader.
– Performing as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less experienced staff.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities with leveraging creative thinking and problem solving skills, individual initiative, and utilizing MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes, where necessary, in conjunction with the following:
-Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts;
-Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with managing various aspects of, and supporting practice management for, a specific operation or process, including:
– Managing a team and/or work stream on an engagement(s), staying educated on current trends and assisting in the development of knowledge capital.
– Collaborating with business development teams responsible for writing and presenting proposals to prospective clients.
– Identifying and addressing client needs while displaying the ability to contribute to the development of a business vision and manage implementation efforts with complex project management capabilities.
– Managing and/or contributing to project planning, engagement administration, budget management, and successful completion of engagement workstream(s).
– Contributing to business development opportunities and/or engagements from pre-sale and initial scoping through final delivery and sign-off
– Leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction, and motivate team member
Job ID: 62765BR-1