Tax Job Info Sharing
Job location: New York, NY
Category: Internal Firm Services jobs
Line of Service: IFS
Industry: Risk Management
State & City: TX-Dallas
Travel Requirements: 0-20%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 62802BR-5
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services clients that include the Fortune 500, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If you are, then PwC US (PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and its subsidiaries) may be the firm for you.
We’re a member of the PwC network of firms located in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC US helps organizations and individuals create the value for which they are looking.
Our professionals are at the heart of our business strategy and success by bringing personal and professional experiences; we understand that our business is impacted by a person’s personal and professional lives. PwC US recruits top talent with traditional and nontraditional backgrounds, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, so that we continue to build PwC US as a great place to work. Our people are armed with the tools-including enriching professional experiences, everyday coaching, timely and productive feedback, and high-quality learning and development opportunities-to deliver each day. We are committed to building lasting relationships and delivering value to our clients.
Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you’re serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.
The Independence Policy and Consulting Group provides advice and guidance to the US Firm and the global independence network on all areas of the US independence policy and the regulatory environment that shapes its content. Also, the Independence Policy and Consulting Group provides professional solutions and evaluates new client opportunities through consultation, training and independence policy development.
The Advisory Risk Management team consults with professionals through the US firm and the global firm regarding the application or the independence rules set established by the SEC, AICPA, PCAOB, IFAC, specific to non-audit/non-attest services or engagements contemplated or being provided to restricted clients.
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and proven success performing functions that involve the application of independence rules established by the SEC, AICPA, PCAOB, IFAC specific to non-audit and/or non-attest services or engagements contemplated or being provided to restricted clients emphasizing the following areas:
– A consistent consultancy mindset when researching problems and/or issues, leveraging problem-solving know-how, and developing and offering effective solutions for tax services-specific business issues related to scope of services Independence.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
– Leading, coaching and developing other members of the consultation team;
– Training staff on matters pertaining to the subject matter specialty;
– Participating and/or leading special projects;
– Collaborating closely with and supporting team leaders and members on consultations or projects involving cross or multiple lines of service;
– Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with project teams within the various practices and become the focal point of contact for non-audit and/or non-attest scope of services independence questions that may arise;
– Developing, reviewing and drafting policies and procedures pertaining to non-audit and/or non-attest scope of services independence;
– Reviewing and editing internal and external presentations and documents, especially applying an independence lens from a scope-of-services perspective; and,
– Business writing skills, especially with an emphasis on documenting a position taken in a concise manner.
Job ID: 62802BR-5