Tax Job Info Sharing: Deloitte Student Opportunities
AERS Advisory Consultant – Strategic Risk Services (Full Time) (Enterprise Risk Services)
Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides Audit and Enterprise Risk Services (AERS), helps clients understand the complexity of issues such as performance, privacy, risk, controls, and data analysis.
AERS Overview: AERS helps organizations build value by taking a Risk Intelligent approach to managing financial, technology and business risks. This approach helps our clients focus on their areas of increased risk, bridge silos to effectively manage risk across organizational boundaries, and seek not only risk mitigation, but also pursue intelligent risk taking as a means to value creation.
The Deloitte & Touche LLP internship provides an introduction to AERS Advisory. Throughout the program, participants will focus on issues shaping and affecting the profession today as well as topics related to their own career development. Counseling is another aspect of the Internship Program. At the end of each engagement, interns will have the opportunity to review their performance with management. Additionally, staff will serve as “mentors” to this year’s intern group. Mentors serve as a vital source of information and advice as well as participating in many of the social activities planned for the interns throughout the internship.
Strategic Risk Management: Strategic Risk Management is a new offering that brings to market thought leadership, insight and analysis that helps senior executives think and act differently about strategic risk. It is a focused portfolio of services supported by sophisticated tools and technologies, and a practice of professionals that have credibility with the C-suite and boards as visionary risk advisors.
Our Strategic Risk Professionals have a deep understanding of and experience in providing cutting edge risk consulting services around enterprise risk management, risk analytics, and crisis management.
Professional and Technical Responsibilities:
• Develop excellent professional oral and written communication skills in order to establish strong working relationships with client personnel
• Exhibit a professional, business-like demeanor
• Apply problem solving, analytical, and technical skills on engagements
• Deliver Deloitte methodology on engagements
• Build and broaden industry knowledge to support organization and function initiatives by taking advantage of our AERS Advisory Learning curriculum of eLearning modules and local and national training programs
• Exercise professional judgment on engagements by providing proactive solutions and recommendations
• Provide recommendations for improved and enhanced risk management to clients
• Contribute to a positive team attitude
• Demonstrate leadership and provide guidance to AERS Advisory interns
• Proactively manage career – set goals and career plans with advisor/career counselor
• Bachelor of Science/Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Management, Computer Science or Information Systems; Masters in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, or Information Systems
• Strong academic credentials (Minimum GPA of 3.2)
• Relevant work experience (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
• Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and innovate
• Ability to perform complex analyses and develop insights
• Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage ambiguity
• Ability to work effectively in fast paced sometimes chaotic crisis environments
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
• Ability to travel for out-of-town engagements
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world’s most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients’ will be heard.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com.